Aliens versus Predator

Brice 18:18 12 Jan 06

Hi
I have this earlier version of Aliens vs Predator (1999) which I used to play on my Windows 98 computer. It´s one of these games that had frustrated me so much that in the end, I uninstalled it.
Now I am trying to play it again on my new computer which runs Windows XP (pro), Athlone 64 3GHz,128Mb NVidia GeForce FX 5200, but although the games will load but I cannot play it. I´ve tried the compability mode but to no effect.
Any suggestions?
Help would be grately appreciated
Thanks

casper69 18:25 12 Jan 06

it may be that the game only works on windows 95 or 98 check what operating system it can run on.ive had the same problem on other games and i couldnt find any away around it

freaky 18:56 12 Jan 06

Have you checked to see if there is a patch you can download from the games website - there may be one for it to work with XP !

Brice 18:41 13 Jan 06

Hi guys (Freaky & Casper)
Thanks for your replies. On the game cover it does say "Win95/98" but thought I might get a patych as freaky suggested but when I go to the games website (click here) it throws me to another site which does not appear to support games anymore. It appears that I¨ll have to giver up and cry my eyes out.....may be not!
Thanks anyway

freaky 18:54 13 Jan 06

I went to your link and did a search on Aliens V Predator based on a PC using a CD. Tried a variety of permutations on the search engine - but the game title did not appear. Sorry, I did try really !

Brice 09:40 14 Jan 06

Hi Freaky
Thanks for trying.It´s nice to have guys like you out there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5