Ali usb 2 PCI card & Epson 2480 scanner

Totally confused 18:22 29 Aug 05

I have installed an Ali PCI card with 4 USB 2 ports in the hope of speeding up my Epson Perfection 2480 scanner. When it is plugged into a USB 2 port I get an error message saying that the computer cannot communicate with the scanner.
I have uninstalled the scanner software & re-installed it but with no success. The Epson support site just says contact the computer vendors web site which is no help. I cannot find a site for Ali PCI cards. Any suggestion?

Technotiger 18:30 29 Aug 05

Hi, this one?

click here

Cheers

Totally confused 19:04 29 Aug 05

It may very well be, but I can't be sure. The installation cd has G:\ALI\M527X\Setup on it if that is any help.

woodchip 19:16 29 Aug 05

You do not say what your OS is but I suspect it's 98

Technotiger 19:25 29 Aug 05

I know it is not much help, but - you are not alone:-

click here

Cheers.

VoG II 20:19 29 Aug 05

My (Canon) scanner packed up and I was totally baffled. Then I went into Device Manager and updated the drivers for my PCI USB card. It worked (W XP).

howard60 20:21 29 Aug 05
  Totally confused 21:40 29 Aug 05

My o/s is xp service pack 2. Thankyou Technotiger for the link. It looks as though I have bought the wrong PCI card and will have to look for one that is NEC based (whatever that is?)and not one that uses ALI, SIS or VIA chips. Unless anyone has any other solutions? I have tried updating the drivers but Windows tells me the driver installed is better.

Totally-braindead 21:56 29 Aug 05

Whether windows tells you the driver you have is better or not doesn't matter, theres no harm in trying the other driver as windows is not always correct. I am assuming that from what you've said theres another driver available.

Totally-braindead 21:57 29 Aug 05

Whether windows tells you the driver you have is better or not doesn't matter, theres no harm in trying the other driver as windows is not always correct. I am assuming that from what you've said theres another driver available.

woodchip 22:04 29 Aug 05

You could load the USB2 drivers for it, I have the Via and Ali drivers click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac