//some 3rd party need geo

Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller

Pappyon 15:16 26 Jun 04

Could somebody please tell me if the above, which I have on my system is USB2 compliant.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:22 26 Jun 04

in device manger you should have adriver that says USB2.0 Enhanced host controller if not then its USB1.1 click here for info on USB problems

Pappyon 15:28 26 Jun 04

I don't have that. Does that mean I will not be able to run a 250 or 300gb external HDD. Excuse me for being a numpty

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:53 26 Jun 04

You can still run the HDD but at the slower 12mbs rate of USB1.1 maybe all it needs is the right driver installing what op sys are you using XP ME 98? have a read of this click here

Pappyon 15:58 26 Jun 04

I am using Windows xp. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:03 26 Jun 04

you need service pack 1 installed to use USB2 in XP

Pappyon 16:07 26 Jun 04

Do you mean Windows XP Service Pack 1. If so I have that. In relation to the site you directed me to, is it the exe programe there that is the driver update. Please excuse me again for not being very bright about this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:12 26 Jun 04

Yes I believe it is.

Pappyon 16:22 26 Jun 04

I downloaded the exe program, and when I tried to install it I got a messsage viz: "Winxp SP1 has default driver, so no need to install ALI EHCI driver." When I tried to update the original driver in device manager I got a message telling me that a more suitable driver couuld not be found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…