algi

grevgilbert 21:51 14 Oct 05

When trying to log on to Windows Int Exp I get "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way ".This prevents access to I.E.so how am I supposed to apply the promised hotfix that is promised in the next XP
Service Pack 2 update.. and, does anyone have any idea when this might be ?
Thanks for your help

MAJ 22:48 14 Oct 05

By "Int Exp" do you mean "Internet Explorer"? If so, try a repair of Internet Explorer, by locating the ie.inf file in C:\WINDOWS\inf folder, when you find it, right-click on it and choose "Install" from the context menu. You might need your XP installation CD.

Also doing a scan with the usual anti-spyware utilities like Adaware and Spy S&D, might not be a bad idea.

keith-236785 22:59 14 Oct 05

if the advice from MAJ doesnt work out, try using a different browser to get the updates, ie. firefox or opera.

once you have got the updates, you should be able to use IE again

woodchip 23:18 14 Oct 05

You can only get XP updates via IE

Nellie2 00:47 15 Oct 05

Do you have the google toolbar installed? If yes, try uninstalling it.

grevgilbert 16:35 10 Nov 05

Thanks for all your tips.
I've discovered that my problem is caused by "the use of /GR and the /MD compiler switches, and the version of the Msvcrt.dll file is 7,0.x ???
Iknow that I have 8 files of this version of Msvcrt.dll 7.0.x
A supported hotfix is available (contact MS @ £85 + VAT )
I've heard that XP users are allowed 2 free calls to MS support.....can anyone verify this ?
As I said before the bug prevents access to Int Exp so Ican't see how a patch can be applied.
Thanks again for all your thoughts on this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…