ALERT FOR DEBUG HELP PLZZZZ

CAPTKIRK 20:10 29 May 06

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A UBISOFT GAME ANWHEN I GO TO RUN THE GAME THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE OCCURS

ALERT FOR DEBUG
THE FOLLOWING ERROR OCCURRED
CANT LOAD THE GIVEN FILE
LOCATED:
IN PLAYER
IN MOVIE_RUN

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS AS I HAVE CONTACTED UBISOFT TECH SUPPORT AND THEY CANT HELP ME GREAT EH......
I JUST WISH TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO?
CHEERS CAPT KIRK...

Totally-braindead 20:18 29 May 06

Please don't use capitals all the time its classed as shouting and its a bit more differcult to read as well.
Could you tell me what game it is and what operating system you use, ie windows XP, windows 98 etc.

martjc 20:21 29 May 06

...please don't type in capitals - it is regarded as shouting!

Secondly, give more information - What's the game? Exactly when do you get the error message? Have you tried completely removing the game with Add,Remove Software in control panel? What version of Windows are you running? Sure the game is designed for your version? Have you tried it on another computer?

These thing need to be taken into consideration before you will get an educated answer.

CAPTKIRK 20:25 29 May 06

sorry

CAPTKIRK 20:26 29 May 06

the game im trying to run is
pippaafunnel take the reins
its my partners game but i want to help her play her game...

CAPTKIRK 20:28 29 May 06

i have windows xp pro i have removed from add remove deleted all folders from hard drive defrag disk cleanup you name it ive done it

martjc 20:37 29 May 06

...on a different machine? This would determine if it's the game or machine at fault.

Totally-braindead 20:43 29 May 06

I think martjc might be right. I've had a look on the support website and theres nothing there.

You say this happens when you try to run it is that right? So the game installed ok but just won't run?

CAPTKIRK 20:45 29 May 06

yes it just wont run

martjc 20:47 29 May 06

Has it EVER worked? Does the machine you are using now meet the system requirements?

martjc 20:50 29 May 06

...looking at the error msg suggests that a file on the disk may be currupt - i.e. not copying across correctly. Is the disk scratched? Examine it under a good light. If it is dirty/greasy, you may need to clean it, uninstall the game and have another fresh install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…