Alert

DAKAR 21:12 20 Sep 10

Hi everyone
I have got a problem with my pc after boot up today I have got continous virus warnings this is what I see big red box and it says .........
Resident Shield Alert
multiple threats detection
c:\Documents and settings
Virus found VBS/Generic
and some say trojan horse Ransom.P, there are lots of lines of virus warnings in the box . I was readind PC advisor last night and the page kept changing,to ASK jeeves
Hope you can help with this problem
Regards
Dakar

DAKAR 21:48 20 Sep 10

Hi 124
I have AVG and it is up to date,
I have run spybot in windows safe mode which removed 8 threats but still when I am trying to get on a site this box appears and virus warnings start to come in.
Regards
Dakar

birdface 23:07 20 Sep 10

Download and run this and see if that clears it.

click here

Sea Urchin 23:29 20 Sep 10

Resident Shield Alert is a rogue anti-spyware program - you need to run the removal process as per the link provided by l24 above.

Here it is again:

click here

DAKAR 19:02 21 Sep 10

Hi Buteman & Sea Urchin
Thankyou for helping me. at present I am running Super Anti Spyware in safe mode I am trying anything to clear these messages I dont really know what I am doing hoping for the best,
Will give your suggestion a go when the anti spyware completes and let you know what happened.
Thankyou once again
Dakar

johndrew 19:44 21 Sep 10

Try to use a known 'clean' PC and download the AVG Rescue CD click here and create the disk. Boot your Pc from the CD and allow it to clean the drive for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017