Aldi USB2 Hub and USB1 PC

WallyD 17:39 06 Apr 04

I recently purchased a USB3 Hub from Aldi (Tevion)
My machine is usb1 ouput,however I thought it economical to purchase as it will keep me going when I update.Reading the instruction book and box outer cover it explains how connecting to a usb 1 will only work at the low rate etc and a further hint from their website that you dont need to have it powered.OK so far then the last page says "Warning, this device is for USB2 and must have usb2 drivers etc etc."
This has stopped me connecting this device although the other instruction give it ok for USB1
Can anyone please explain.
Yes 1 I have sent an enail to their site and I'm hoping for a reply
Many thanks

spuds 20:09 06 Apr 04

You will usually find that connecting your unit will give a USB1 connection.

Further USB information click here click here

spuds 20:16 06 Apr 04

Whoops-second link, wrong url- try click here

Waldoc85 20:30 06 Apr 04

I purchsed the same Hub and had some doubts as i have USB1 but it is working fine with all four ports connected.

It is my intention to buy and fit a USB2 card in the near future in order to get the full benefit of the new hub.

WallyD 07:05 07 Apr 04

OK !
Many thanks for the confidence booster
Alls now working
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…