aldi TV TUNER card no sound!

©®@$? 11:17 20 Mar 04

just bought the tevion tv tuner card from aldi, no problems getting the picture but have no sound

i have it connected to my freeview box

i have a scart adaptor which is plugged into the vcr scart socket on my freeview, i have got 3 phono leads plugged into the scart adaptor, yellow for video, red and white for audio, i have got the other end of the yellow cable(video) plugged into my tv card (composite)..which gives me a great picture

the problem i have is with the audio i cannot get any sound..

i have tried all sorts of connections, but for the life of me cannot get sound..

do i plug the audio cable into the line in on my sound card and then run a jack cable from the sound card to the tv card..but i have tried this and failed

any help guys

JerryJay 11:24 20 Mar 04

You answered your question already "do i plug the audio cable into the line in on my sound card"

Most cheaper TV card use this option, you need to set up you program to capture sound from linein and also adjust linein volume as well.

©®@$? 11:25 20 Mar 04

done all that, got the line in settings in windows turned all the way up and not muted..have the audio settings in the tv card software to capture line in

still no go!

©®@$? 11:33 20 Mar 04

i've done it, i downloaded my sound card manual, and looked at the plugs and what they are, and i had the connection into line out instead of line in, cheers

Stuartli 11:37 20 Mar 04

It's often the simplest or most obvious things that prove the most difficult to solve - case of not seeing the wood for the trees..:-)

©®@$? 11:43 20 Mar 04

exactly

i normal use the audio cable running from my tv to mu line out on the sound card so i can have aduio from computer to tv aswell as the video..

so that confused me some what coz i left the audio cable in the line out, forgetting that it wasnt the line in connection..

so spent about an hour trying to sort the sound, coz i couldn't remember which connection was what..took me under a minute as soon as rtfm

whats the old saying RTFM

©®@$? 12:03 20 Mar 04

the only other thing is the radio and tv ariel sound

as i have the audio from the freeview box to the sound cards line in and then running an audio cable from the sound card to the tv card, the audio from the freeview box takes priority (takes over) everything else, hence i cannot listen to radio or have the sound coming through the ariel..

is there a way around this and how

©®@$? 12:07 20 Mar 04

infact the audio jack i have running from the tv card to my sound card is doing nothing, i have just unplugged it and it hasn't affected the sound from the freeview box..

so do i need to put that anywhere for the fm or indoor ariel that i am just trying out, as i have said above the freeview sound is taking over everything else, when i turn the freeview box off, i dont get any fm sound or indoor ariel sound

©®@$? 12:11 20 Mar 04

i have got the jack cable going from the audio out on the tv card to the line in on sound card but still no sound

©®@$? 12:32 20 Mar 04

done it

whatchamacallit 14:05 20 Mar 04

Question, how did you do it.

I have installed a few of these cards in PCs with ME & XP OS.

You may find that after installing the software, you use Auto Scan to find your TV channels and you get none.
Well what I did was, used System Resore and go back before I installed directx 9b,
Go to click here download update software
for your card,
Install the software again, without direct 9b.

I got picture and sound after that. Hope this info helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…