Aldi - Tevion Xpert TV7134 tuner card

Flaco 14:56 27 Feb 04

Bought one of these tuner cards from Aldi yesterday. £30 seemed like reasonable money for a card with good features and remote, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't get mine to scan the available terrestrial (analogue) channels. I'm interested to know if anyone has managed to achieve this. Phoned the support line and I'm not the only one with the same problem it seems. Left my contact details. Manufacturer is being contacted for feedback.

Is it possible that a product would be marketed in a country where it hasn't been tested at basic levels !?

whatchamacallit 23:24 27 Feb 04

I have the card working in one of my pcs, going to do more testing tomorrow,

spuds 23:28 27 Feb 04

Further posting click here

Brandane1 16:27 02 Mar 04

I bought one and it works 100% TV (all 5 Channels)
+ teletex connected to an out side arial so impressed, my son bought one and i have one for my brother down south

HtiekGnidrah 11:40 03 Mar 04

1. Upgrade to DirectX 9.0b and reboot your PC

2. Install Microsoft Patch - NTSC-J, PAL, and SECAM TV Tuner Hotfix for DirectX 9.0b on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 (KB825116)- This hotfix corrects a flaw in NTSC-J, PAL, and SECAM TV Tuner support introduced by the DirectX 9.0b release. Reboot your PC

I found it then works perfectly (using a Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card anyway)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…