Aldi (Medion) PC. Still time

Bennythejet 15:10 30 Apr 03

Hi all,
About a month ago I came onto this site as I am looking for a new PC. The general consensus on the advice was to go for the Aldi Medion PC that was going on sale that Thursday. Anyway, I got there and they had sold out so I placed an order. Today I recieve a letter saying my order has just been processed, and that it will be 6 weeks until the unit arrives. I am slightly cheesed off at the delay, which will be 10 weeks or more in total, but as the wording on the order form I signed says they will complete my "order" withing 6-8 weeks I assume I can't do much about it. ANYWAY (sorry this is dragging on), as I am an impatient fella, I wondered if anyone else had a good deal on that I could go and get this weekend! I am looking for 2.5 ghz and above, large HD, etc. The Medion one was P4 2.6, 512 memory, 120gb hard drive, 128meg graphics card, but no monitor.

Long post I know, but does anyone have some alternatives?

TBH1 15:50 30 Apr 03

why do you need to find another if you are 'tied' into this deal at Aldi's ? If reviews from this site and certain magazines I have read are anything to go by, this Medion PC will be well worth the wait - - -can't be long now.

Bennythejet 16:01 30 Apr 03

I am not tied into it, I just left my name and address with them, haven't signed a thing. It's just that I noticed a deal in PC world (I think) that was doing a similar Medion pc, plus monitor, for the same price. It didn't have a dvd-rewriter or MP3, but had the monitor instead. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any "hot deals" as a lot can happen in 10 weeks and a lot of offers can come up and the some of the people on this site seem to be very good at tracking them down (I would never have used or looked at Aldi, simply because I had never heard of them and it turns out the nearest store was 20 miles away, but thanks to people on this site I got to find out about the deal)

Lú-tzé 16:34 30 Apr 03

Try Toys'r'us - they have a cybermax for £799 which people have said is the same as the medion from Aldi (I cannot be sure of this, but remember it being mentioned here).

Surely worth a look.

Lú-tzé 16:36 30 Apr 03

click here for more info re Cybermaxx / Meion.

crx1600 16:38 30 Apr 03

here's the cybermaxx toysRus offered click here around the same time as the Aldi Medion offer.

i've never seen this model on the website though,only a lesser model click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:03 30 Apr 03

PCWorld were flogging the same Medion for £799 plus a 15" TFT monitor last Sunday. They had a few in.

G

paddy75 20:02 30 Apr 03

The Medion that PC World in N.Ireland where selling last week with 15inch monitor is nowhere near the same spec as Aldi. Paddy

Bennythejet 22:35 30 Apr 03

Ok, looks like I should stay put. I just thought I would ask as in the space of 2 and a half months, many offers can come up, but I shall patiently wait for Aldi to give me a ring

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…