Aldi Laptop

beeuuem 19:57 28 Apr 09

I know very little about laptops.
My sister is looking for a laptop to replace a PC.
Is this click here good value?

Chas49 20:11 28 Apr 09

If I could see properly then I most cerftainly would get one - given the spces quoted. You can couple this machine to an HD T/V for I see that it has an HDMI output you could use. A big hard disk, SATA (which I think is faster than IDE) - 4 gigs of memory (though I thought that Vista 32 bit could only access 3 gigs).

skidzy 20:50 28 Apr 09

Looks a good deal and Medion are pretty sound machines.

Also noticed its fitted with a N- wireless card,this coupled with a N-router will be another good investment.

3 years manufacturer’s warranty is very good also.

Big hdd = very good.

I cannot see anything to fault this machine for the money.

A simple comparison would be to try and match the spec at Dell....i doubt Dell could match the spec for the money.

All in all sound product in Medion and a very reasonable price.

Jonno131 10:03 29 Apr 09

My wife bought one on our last visit to the UK about six months ago and it is really remarkable value for money and has been trouble free. If you take the plunge, get to the shop as soon as they open. The branch where we bought opened at 9:00am. We got there at five past and they only had three left.

Zaphod 3 10:12 29 Apr 09

You could have a look at this one. Pop into your local PC World to have a look. If you decide to buy get it online from Dixons a it is £20 cheaper and free delivery.

click here

Graphicool1 11:30 29 Apr 09

It's saying 'Sold Out'

Zaphod 3 11:34 29 Apr 09

Sorry didn't notice that bit, one of my mates at work bought one on Monday, he is raving about it.

birdface 11:35 29 Apr 09

£189 for 3 years cover puts the price up a lot.And like Graphicool1 says sold out.you get 3 years warranty with the one from Aldi's

Zaphod 3 11:36 29 Apr 09

Last thought go to PC World and price match it. You'll get £22 off then.

beeuuem 11:41 29 Apr 09

Thank you all.
She assures me she will be at Aldi at the crack of dawn tomorrow!

User-1229748 12:44 29 Apr 09

3 years cover is excellent as others have said,hope your sister enjoys her new lappy :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017