aldi dc5300 digital camera

kspatto 16:06 17 May 04

has anyone bought one of these cameras and was it any good
it looks identical to the toshiba pdr 5300 and the reviews for this camera are poor but seem to be mainly in reference to white balance and compression artefacts which may not affect a camera with different firmware if you know of a site with sample pics(like steves digicams) that would be ideal
thanks for taking the time to read this
kenny

Fruit Bat 16:10 17 May 04

The dc5300 was given best buy beginer digital camera award in Computer active mag a few months ago

kspatto 16:30 17 May 04

yes i did read that review in computer active and i was going to buy just before christmas but read the poor review mentioned above but now its on sale again £40 cheaper and with an extra battery £180 for 5 meg camera 4x digi zoom 128sd card 2 batts so if its just a matter of jiggering the white balance and the pic resolution or a firmware upgrade i would consider it a bargain
thanks for the reply

Stuartli 17:40 17 May 04

See this thread:

click here

Stuartli 17:57 17 May 04

Has the magazine you mention ever provided a review describing a product as poor?

kspatto 19:21 17 May 04

hello fruit bat
the mag in question recommends a LOT of aldi goods but then again they also run several 2 page adds for the same company and im not too sure about computer experts really being the best people to review a camera but that said i can see your point maybe ill give it a whirl i can always take it back aldi have a no quibble returns policy (within 12 m0nths even?)

thanks anyway

Stuartli 10:02 18 May 04

There's absolutely no reason why computer experts shouldn't be among the best people to review cameras - or hi-fi, cars, Wall's ice-cream or anything else for that matter...:-)

It all boils down to the extent of their knowledge, individual use and experience of such products.

If you think about it, magazine computer experts were probably among the very first to actually use digital cameras.

anchor 12:49 18 May 04

Review of the Toshiba PDR 5300, including sample pics.

click here

It goes to show that more megapixels do not make a better camera.

kspatto 14:53 18 May 04

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…