High performance Intel Pentium® 4 3.2GHz-2MB L2 Cache-800 MHz FSB
64 bit Technology to support your future computing needs
Whisper quiet due to AIR XL heat pipe cooler and SpeedStep
XL-HARD DISC CAPACITY

Enormous Western Digital 320 GB Hard Disc
XL-MEMORY

1024 MB Memory, DDR 400MHz, 64 Bit dual channel memory
XL-HIGH-END GRAPHICS

ATI RADEON X740 XL Graphics Card with new PCI-Express x16 bus architecture 128MB DDR3 Memory at 900MHz
XL-BURNER

Pioneer 16x DUAL LAYER Multi Format DVD/CD Writer**
XL-PACKAGE

DVD-ROM 16x
DVB-T Digital TV TUNER***
Analogue stereo TV
Bluetooth
WLAN 54 MBit/s Built-in wireless adaptor IEEE 802.11g
9 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 2.0 integrated
6 x USB 2.0 2 x front, 4 x rear
2 x FireWire IEEE 1394, 1 x front, 1 x rear
8-channel Intel® High Definition Audio
LAN Network Controller. DSL and Network ready
56K V.9x PCI Data/Fax modem.
COMES COMPLETE WITH:

Wireless multimedia keyboard
Wireless optical scroll mouse
Wireless RF remote control
Headset with microphone
SOFTWARE XL^

Comprehensive Software Package: Suitable for family and school as well as office and home entertainment.

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Preloaded and on recovery CD OEM-version
PowerDirector
PowerProducer
PowerDVD
MediaShow
Nero 6
MICROSOFT WORKS SUITE 2005^

Microsoft Word
Microsoft Works 8 Standard
Microsoft Picture it! Photo 10
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2005
Microsoft Money 2005
Microsoft AutoRoute 2005
Superb 36 months warranty* and aftersales service. The MEDION service is exclusive and included in the price.

*Check pack for warranty details. The warranty may be available via the distributor or the manufacturer. **You are only permitted to copy material if you own the copyright of the material or if you have permission to do so from the copyright owner. If you are not the owner of the copyright, or if you have not received permission from the copyright owner, you are possibly violating laws and you might be subject to prosecution. ^OEM version. ***With appropriate surround speaker system (speaker system not included).*****Digital television channel availability is subject to coverage and your local DVB-T strength. Digital television channels are subject to change from time to time without notice. The number of channels available or your reception quality may depend on the condition of your existing terrestrial television aerial. An aerial upgrade may be required. Digital radio or DAB radio channels cannot be received with the included DVB-T card and software. Not all broadcast EPG or interactive functions may be available with the included software
joe

Technotiger 21:51 21 Apr 05

Hmmm - that is quite a lot of puter for the money.

dogbreath1 21:59 21 Apr 05

And you can buy yer onions at the same visit!

Pooke100 22:10 21 Apr 05

Are the onions usb2 compatible?

That's a pretty good bit of kit for the money.

P

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:11 21 Apr 05

Same as March 17th offer.

Bought one, took it apart Sunday to add a Floopy took me 3hrs, Not much room in box for anything else. Had to remove heat sink and fan to shift one hard drive (160g sata) remove other to slot first behind, hacksaw out case to fit floppy in.

Fail to boot on restart (got sata drive cables crossed), floppy failed cable u/s hd to take it back and change. Though it was going to be a 2 minute job Ha Ha.

Well pleased with it anyway, nice and quiet compare with my old 1.2 athlon.

But having trouble with TV card but thats probably the area I'm in rather than the machine.

Aldi / Medion Forum click here if your interested in one.

stalion 22:12 21 Apr 05

if I needed a pc at this time I would buy it

woodchip 22:15 21 Apr 05

I have two Medion Comps Desktop and Laptop. You cannot beat the service, and the quality of backup Media, to Start you get a Restore Disc and a Full OEM XP CD Plus other cd's and all Drivers loaded on the D:\ Partition along with software

VoG II 22:20 21 Apr 05

"hacksaw out case to fit floppy in."

Are you being serious?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 21 Apr 05

Yes the metal "push out" held in at each end would not break away.

Had to gently applay small handsaw taking care not to get filings inside the case and onto the motherboard.

Well built these german machines.

woodchip 22:29 21 Apr 05

I got a SONY USB floppy drive from Ebuyer for about a £10er for my Laptop as it did not have one

VoG II 22:32 21 Apr 05

Blimey!

Daughter has a Medion laptop purchased in January 2004 - nice machine except that it takes forever to come out of hibernation. In fact it is quicker to reboot :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…