Alcatel USB mode and USB 2.0

AlanPCA 14:21 10 Jan 04

I have the Alcatel USB PPP modem. It works OK with my USB1 port and through the Belkin USB powered hub. But it won't work with USB2.

I have just installed an Adaptec AUA-2000LP PCI USB2 connect adapter. This installed OK, but the modem won't work in the USB2 port. The Device Manager shows no drivers. I have tried uninstalling the modem device and rebooting, but the driver installation can't find drivers on the modem CD. It re-installs OK when I have it plugged into the USB1 port.

I have downloaded the latest driver from the Alcatel Thomson site. The site says that this modem supports USB1.1, but I expected it to work with a USB2 port (new PCs only have these).

Has anybody got a suggestion on what is wrong and how I can fix it?

hoverman 14:37 10 Jan 04

I have an Alcatel USB modem and have also found that it will not work with USB2 and would be interested to hear what others have to say. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will tell us that it won't make a spot of difference if it did run on USB2. Am I right?

Djohn 14:44 10 Jan 04

I have the Alcatell speedtouch 330, not sure of the difference and this works through USB 2.0 fine.

AlanPCA 15:15 10 Jan 04

I agree, I don't expect it to run any quicker. I did expect it to work though.

mbp 17:39 10 Jan 04

I encountered no problems!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…