alcatel speedtouch usb adsl modem ?

Magik ®© 22:08 23 Jun 05

hi, because my BT BB is next to hopeless, with it dropping the signal every few mintues and less, to prove to myself it is not the equipment, I was wondering, if i connect up the above and load the software, for the frog, would it work now that the BB is running at 2 mb, i think when i first got the thing it was running at about a quarter of that...thanks

ps:i now use a BT Voyager 2000.....

woodchip 22:12 23 Jun 05

No harm in trying it, Make sure to load the software first

Magik ®© 22:16 23 Jun 05

yes, guess you are right.....

woodchip 22:20 23 Jun 05

If it work's OK do a check on the Speed at one of the BB sites

Noelg23 22:33 23 Jun 05

or do a speed test here click here

Bagsey 22:36 23 Jun 05

You should have no trouble I started with a 500k conection now have 2mb BB and am using thie same modem as you are talking about.On Bt. I am using Btyahoo and although more expensive than most I have never had any trouble with it and am a believer in "you get what you pay for"

Magik ®© 23:01 23 Jun 05

mine has been playing up since 30th may, that is a long time, countless phone calls, the numbers i have rung are...08702404650,0800679905,08001698639,08456007030,0800800150, and so it goes on, explain all, then always told, they can not help and they give me another number, have emailed them, had two replies, giving me a number to ring, both times, 15 minutes eplaining all, then I have the wrong dept.. what the blody hell you suppose to do...the engineers rang once told me they were checking the exchange, that was 2 weeks ago, since then sod all..apart from me ringing them up...

Bagsey 08:49 24 Jun 05

In my early days of BB I had some trouble with dropped lines etc. I tried everything that I could think of and then someone on this forum suggested that I do a filter check. I disconnected every thing and put back phones etc one at a time. Sure enough one of my newish filters had failed. Got new filter from Maplins and its been ok since. May be worth a check if you havent already done so. We do tend to overlook things that have been working OK.

Magik ®© 09:00 24 Jun 05

good point Bagsey, but i have no filter on the BB socket, because there is no phone plugged in, in the clutching straws dept :-( I have moved it all to the master socket that does have a filter, still no joy,I have altered the built in attenuation till it must be choking the line to death....I did have a call from BT a while ago saying they could see there was a problem. perhaps they were trying to humour me...

woodchip 20:12 24 Jun 05

So what happening with the Frog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…