Alcatel Speed touch USB

peter4076 23:13 16 Jul 04

I've been to the Alcatel W/Site could anybody advise me which is the latest upgrade for this modem my O/S WinXP, and is it worth doing upgrade, as I am going upto 1 meg next Monday,Checking my downloads, the last upgrade I done was Sept 03 ver 2.11.15.
All help gratefully received, ( off to work now )
Cheers..........

Smegs 00:45 17 Jul 04

click here "Driver Upgrade for Win" 4.1mb, Rel 3.0.1. I have the Speed Touch USB modem and downloaded the updates, the only update that I can see is, I use to have the same Icon as the modem near my clock, now it's(Icon) changed to four blocks, three green and one purple in the right hand side of the blocks. If there is something wrong, these four blocks turn red. They also turn orange, but I don't know what that means. When it is orange, you can still connect to the internet.

Smegs 02:05 17 Jul 04

click here You can download from here aswell.

I've uninstalled the drivers that came with my modem, and installed the 3.01. It now saves me time, installing the drives that came with my modem and then updating them with this one.

At the moment, I'm downloading the Version 3.0, it's 86mb. I'll install later today.

peter4076 10:59 17 Jul 04

Cheers Smegs for your input, went straight from work to town so at moment I'm on netcafe puta, but 86mg is some download for internet connection, please let nme know if it is worth it.
Regards.............

Smegs 00:43 19 Jul 04

Hello Angus, the 86mb version is the same as version 3.0.1.

The only thing I can see that you get extra, is a program call Dr.Speedtouch.

This program gives you the same information that you get from when you double click the two internet screens. You can also run Diagnostics tests. Other than that, don't waste your time.

peter4076 08:28 19 Jul 04

Once again Smegs thankyou, have downloaded ver3.0.1 & saved it, will launch ready for my upgrade on 21/7 will now tick.
Cheers.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…