Akasa P4 Cooler and Fan prob. Help please!!

rickf 12:52 29 Mar 03

Hi All,
I have just fitted the new Akasa AK670CUBL4 ( for P4 CPUs) on to my P4 cpu and when booted it gives off a series of very loud warning beeps. Just could not get it to work. When refitted with my original Intel cooler and fan everything goes back to normal. I noticed that on the Akasa fan the connector has black, yellow and red wires. On the Intel it has black, yellow and green. Could this be the problem and how can I put this right? Thanks in advance. I have fitted and refitted several times getting the same prob. Desperate

rickf 13:08 29 Mar 03

^^^^

rickf 13:19 29 Mar 03

Refresh!

rickf 13:37 29 Mar 03

^^^^^^^^

rickf 13:37 29 Mar 03

Anyone?

Big Elf 14:00 29 Mar 03

Are you plugging the fan into the same power connector as the original fan. I know it sounds silly but on some motherboards only one connector has the sensor that determines whether the fan is running. If it's not detected as running then the system powers down.

I assume the new fan is spinning.

Unfortunately that is the total knowledge my defective brain cell holds on the subject.

Big Elf 14:09 29 Mar 03

Another brain cell fired up briefly. There is an option in the BIOS to turn off the sensor monitoring but as it's designed to prevent the CPU from overheating I wouldn't recommend doing so because if the fan is faulty you'll need a new CPU.

Is there a support option at the manufacturers site?

rickf 14:17 29 Mar 03

Thanks for your suggestions guys. The fan turns ok on boot up but this very loud warning noise keeps going. Obviously, something's wrong but I don't know what. I wouldn't turn off the bios setting. Anymore ideas please?

rickf 17:10 29 Mar 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…