//some 3rd party need geo

AIM and Wild Tangent

Dumble452 14:03 30 Mar 05

Against my better judgement I installed AOL Instant Messenger to exchange instant messages with other members of our family. Now Spybot tells me that I have Wild Tangent on my machine. Strangely Adaware and A2 don't seem to pick it up. Ilet Spybot remove it, then I got strange dll missing messages at start up, so did a system restore. Sure enough it is in the add/remove program list but won't uninstall from control panel. I can't find an uninstaller either. I did a Google search and came up with this
click here
Question: Should I go ahead and remove it or just ignore it?
I'm not too worried if it is harmless but I am rather annoyed that it was installed without me being aware of the fact.

Yoda Knight 14:29 30 Mar 05

It sounds harmless enough, but if ur not going to be using it why have it ?

I'd get rid of it personally

Dan the Doctus 14:43 30 Mar 05

If it has an icon in Control Panel I think you can double click it and disable it from there. You could also try stopping it running at startup by clicking Start>Run and typing msconfig (press enter) then select the Startup tab and untick the Wild Tangent entry.

Ideally though, you should remove it. Try the uninstaller on the link you gave first I would.

Also, the strange messages you got after removing it was probably Windows telling you it couldn't load it on startup - disabling it using msconfig as described will stop the messages.

Dumble452 09:22 24 Apr 05

Its gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…