Aida32 - not very bright??

pj123 14:29 03 Mar 03

As recommended by other Forum Members I download Aida32 and run a check on my PC. Not a very good result. I built my computer so I know what is in it.

Aida reported Athlon XP 1.3. My processor is Athlon XP 2000.
Aida reported 1 ISA slot, there are no ISA slots on my mobo.
Aida reported 3 DIMM slots. there are only 2 DIMM slots on my mobo.

It did get one thing right it said it was a computer????
Am I doing something wrong or is Aida just guessing?

Pete

powerless 14:35 03 Mar 03

Use another tool.

Pesala 14:40 03 Mar 03

Available from the Downloads area.

Stokey 14:45 03 Mar 03

I'm not sure what Powerless means but -- none of these things are completely accurate.

In addition there is the little liar Sandra and too many more to mention.

My advice is not to get involved with FREEload progs of this type. You can easily scare yourself unnecessarily. Leave'em alone!!

Regards.

powerless 14:55 03 Mar 03

"I'm not sure what Powerless means but -- none of these things are completely accurate."

Yes took the words out of me mouth, well the bit after --

Aida32 works for me and works other people as well, otherwise we would have similar posts like this and very unhappy people.

People would be saying DONT USE AIDA but i have not seen a post up until now that says Aida32 does not identify components properly.

Its not the end of the world, move and if you find another little tool (program) that identifys the components of your computer properly and tells you the same or if not more information...Then post it and we'll check it ;-)

Pesala has named one.

Rtus 15:14 03 Mar 03

None of these tools can be completely accurate ..it depends on the version and how upto date and exstensive its hardware database is. So while it will work well for one person it slips up on other items ..I too tested this and found Its just as helpful as SS and other info tools.The only glitch I got was it reported 4 dim slot available?( I have 3 and 2 are populated) Ive got into the habit of compiling a list of all components (+ serial numbers of individual items+ where obtained from) fitted in systems Ive built /repaired and keep that in handy database to refer to if needed..

Stuartli 15:17 03 Mar 03

If you go to Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information, you will find all the details of the software, hardware etc you need to know.

Belarc etc are merely another, not always as thorough, version of System Information....

Stokey 15:34 03 Mar 03

Fair do's.

Aida32 seems to be the most accurate so far I admit!

But we are only looking at these things from an hobbiest point of view (Microsoft Home Computing)
and in the *real* computing world, business and such, I doubt these things are relied on too much. What do you think?

I've had a phone call just now which has prompted a thought ----- separate thread coming up when I've got more facts but Powerless, don't disappoint me when you see it, please respond.
Regards & best wishes, S.

D-P-R 15:58 03 Mar 03

does your bios recognize your processor as a 2000xp? when I put my processor and board in the other week the bios did not recognize it as a 2000xp it recognized it as a 1.3ghz, I had to change a setting in the bios to get it to recognize it properly

pj123 17:18 03 Mar 03

Yes, I thought the same as you. 1.3 is the default and I changed the settings in the BIOS but it still comes up with "processor 1250mhz".

I also checked jumper settings on the mobo but there are none. The only jumper on my board is to disable/enable the USB ports.

I am not knocking Aida32 as it obviously works with others, but it doesn't seem to find anything right on my system.

Stuartli
system information shows it as 1.3 as well.

Diemmess 17:25 03 Mar 03

You don't get "owt fer nowt"

I downloaded AIDA32 today and can't fault it, which for me is miles better than Belarc.

Face it, these programs are free and good entertainment....... The latest version is probably never late enough to recognise the latest hard/software.

Mine has an old shoe comfort about it these days, so AIDA is well up to speed for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…