Is Aida32 as good as it is made out to be?

pj123 13:58 11 Sep 04

Is belarc better than aida? I just read a thread from someone who wants to find his product ID and product key. Although I have the O/S CD with product key I thought I would give aida a go. This is what it reports: Registered Owner: (my name) Product ID: (unknown) Product Key: (bbbbb bbbbb bbbbb bbbbb bbbbb) this is not the product key that is on my CD or on the sticker on the PC.

pj123 14:01 11 Sep 04

Just noticed aida reports my PC as a Duron 800 when in fact it is an Athlon XP2000?

Pesala 14:04 11 Sep 04

Everest (2,711) click here System Diagnostics

It found my ID and Product key no problem.

Stuartli 15:14 11 Sep 04

Aida32 reports all my system details correctly if I use it, but Windows own System Information provides full and comprehensive details of the system and is inbuilt.

pj123 16:32 11 Sep 04

Just downloaded, installed and run Belarc but it still does not give me my Windows 98SE key?

TomJerry 16:46 11 Sep 04

For mass produced PC, product key on your windows installation may not be the same as the one you get on the stick.

PC makers do not install Windows individually. They just install on one PC and make a image of hard drive, then every machine in the batch will be cloned using this image, so all PCs will have the same product key. However, all machines are normally supplied with individual product key. This is the reason why you do not the same product key.

pj123 18:03 11 Sep 04

I know what my product key is and I know where to find it in the Registry. Unfortunatly, Aida and Belarc can't find it.

cga 18:56 11 Sep 04

I had two identical CD's (genuine) product CD's and did not know which I had installed.

AIDA found it for me instantly

pj123 13:04 12 Sep 04

It's not a mass produced PC, I Built it a year ago and bought the Win98SE CD and Licence from click here. The registry shows the same licence number as the number on the CD and Sticker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…