Aida32 advises.....

Derek 08:02 17 Feb 03

It tells me to increase system memory which will hen speed up applications. Am I correct in thinking this is DDR Ram has to be increased from 256 upwards.

It also advises that my outfit is ready to move up from ME to 2000+.

And...what might the advantages be of 'overclocking' ?

Thanks to all.

€dstow 08:27 17 Feb 03

If you're happy with your computer as it is, leave it alone. Lots of damage can be caused by unnecessary messing around with it.

If you really want to increase your RAM, go to the Crucial site click here and it will tell you what memory is suitable for you via a questionaire.

Overclocking is for those with suicidal tendencies only. If it goes wrong, it's dead.

If it ain't broke - - - - -

€d

Derek 09:32 17 Feb 03

Thankyou Edstow I will disregard the recommendation and do as you suggest...leave well alone.

Derek 09:33 17 Feb 03

Thankyou Edstow I will disregard the recommendation and do as you suggest...leave well alone.

Stokey 09:44 17 Feb 03

That's the trouble with all these sort of programmes. They encourage people to take all sorts of unnecessary action. It really is best not to use these programmes.

If your machine is OK and performs as you want it to -- leave it as it is. If you have a problem with anything, start a new thread and help will be available pdq.

goonerbill 11:38 17 Feb 03

the reason that aida has suggested that you install more ram is that applications will load and run faster with more ram and that you may have something like office loaded which can be memory hungry.

also it advises to upgrade to win2000/xp as it is more stable and better than 98.

they are only recommendations to help get the best from your system and its up to the individual if they follow the advise

Patr100 11:54 17 Feb 03

Yes, just leave it if it's running OK. And don't even think about overclocking. The threat of overheating and burning your processor/motherboard for the sake of a few extra mHz that you don't really need is not a good exchange in my opinion.

IZZY 12:42 17 Feb 03

All good advice but, nevertheless, Aida32, along with similar utilities, does give useful system information which is worth knowing especially if one is intending adding, say, another card or upgrade. If the initial system analysis is saved and then compared after the upgrade you can assess the benefit....or otherwise.

I would certainly agree...if it aint broke...!

Regards,

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…