Ahh Virus!

babybell 17:39 12 Dec 04

Since last week Norton Anti Virus refuses to load on my pc claiming that files were missing, i reinstalled it but the problem still occurs. Someone on this board said i should use escan which i have and its brought a list of things, see below? What should i do!

File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\tkxirqp.dll infected by "Trojan.Win32.Delf.cf" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\VOICEIP.DLL infected by "not-a-virus:AdWare.BiSpy.m" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\ptsnoop.exe tagged as not-a-virus:FalseAlarm.Symantec.Ptsnoop. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\rvfyxi.sys infected by "Trojan.Win32.Delf.cf" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\0roy8.exe infected by "Trojan.Win32.Delf.cf" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

VoG II 17:42 12 Dec 04

Run a² click here

babybell 18:09 12 Dec 04

Ran a² but nothing was found, whats going on. Is a² rubbish or was escan lying just to get me to pay for the full package?

babybell 18:24 12 Dec 04

In fact i have just checked the files it did says were viruses and they dont even exist on my PC!

mark2 18:41 12 Dec 04

several of the files you list are typical of spyware/hijackers and will hide themselves in your "hidden/System files", and will also randomly rename themselves on reboot.

It may well be worth running Hijackthis click here to find out if they show up in the log.

Have you checked via task manager in your running processes for any random named processes running.

mark2 18:45 12 Dec 04

click here

seems to show up in a few infections

mark2 18:54 16 Dec 04

received your mail, couldn't reply tho :-(
post the entire hijackthis log in here,
hit enter at the end of each line,
otherwise the formatting gets garbled. then we can have a look and see what needs removing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…