ahead nero won't work or uninstall / crashes comp

pharte 23:45 20 Jul 04

I have had long standing problems with errors and found that when trying to burn a cd it hangs for ever and I eventually have to reboot to clear the problems.

I now tried to uninstall nero using add/remove and it crashes and restarts the computer.

my system is xp home and the rw is a liteon, the software came bundled with the rw version of nero is 5.5.9.13 if thats of any use

sicknote 00:16 21 Jul 04

How about this click here

pharte 22:44 21 Jul 04

I ended up using regedit to delete it, the next question is if I re-install it will I have the same problems?
does anyone know of any problems similar to what I have had?

TommyRed 23:05 21 Jul 04

Yes, I had terrible trouble when i installed a Liteon CD-RW into my old 98SE machine, it came bundled with Nero 5.5. It crashed a lot but it was resolved by updating it to the latest version of 5.5 on the Nero site.There is also a download for completely removing Nero, NeroClean I think it's called. I'd also recommend using this if you're having trouble uninstalling. HTH TR

TommyRed 23:09 21 Jul 04

Evidently there is a special tool for removing Nero 5 click here HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…