Ahead Nero update again

ray27 08:39 27 May 04

I have posted this question before but I must apologise for my ignorance in not understanding the responses I received.

I have Ahead Nero 6.0.0.16 on my computer which I purchased back in February of this year.

I have checked out the Nero web site and they say that there is now version 6.3.1.10 and that you can download 4 downloads.

I wonder if some can explain to me, can I down load these updates just by clicking on the download button?

Secondly I did not install the In- CD option as I thought I would not be using it, so should I omit that download when downloading?

Thirdly do I really need the updates as they would take quite some time to download and I only use NERO to copy cd's and back up files and it does everything that I want it to do as it is ?

Thanks for being patient with me and I must apologise once again for my ignorance

Ray

Diodorus Siculus 08:42 27 May 04

I find that with Nero, if you don't need an update, then don't install it. If you are having a problem with Nero, then an update may solve it but otherwise ignore them.

Are you happy with the performance and features of Nero as it is now? If so, that's your answer.

Stuartli 09:11 27 May 04

Nero usually updates its burning program on a regular basis, often once a month in the case of Nero5.

It's done to fix any minor bugs, include new rewriter models or improved features etc.

Unless it's absolutely necessary it isn't vital to do an update but, as in the case of Nero5 for a while, sometimes ahead decides that you have had to reach a certain version before being allowed to do the latest upgrade.

If you have broadband then you might as well update - if not ponder first on whether the additional benefits will actually prove of use to you.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:43 27 May 04

Yes, Yes, At your discretion

ray27 08:35 28 May 04

Many thanks for all your advice
RAY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…