AGP technology and MPEG playback capability.

Eamonncw 20:59 30 Aug 04

The above is the requirement for downloading the
DK World Atlas. I`ve got everything else so what
do I need to fulfill the above requirement without going hungry for a month? Grateful for any help

Totally-braindead 23:13 30 Aug 04

Don't know exactly what they mean, AGP is Advanced Graphics Port and that is just a type of socket the graphics card slots in to. Have you got the software already and if so have you tried it? If you are unsure whether it will work supply more info, what exactly does this program says it needs to run and what specification is your computer ie speed, operating system, memory, graphics card details etc.

dez fowler 23:18 30 Aug 04

AGP is Accelerated Graphics Port, if the computer's less than 3 years old it probably has one. Windows Media Player plays MPEGs and although you don't actually need AGP to play MPEGs it will improve the playback.

Eamonncw 19:20 31 Aug 04

Minimum system requirements:
Pent II processor based 233MHz PC with AGP technology and MPEG2 playback capability.
Win 95/98 or later, 32Mb RAM,800X600 resolution display,16 bit multimedia-compatible sound card,
DVD-ROM drive, 50 Mb available hard drive space.

That`s exactly whats on the box.
I`ve got an ASUS P2B motherboard with a 450 MHz pcu, 768 Mb RAM, 10 Gb HDD, which I put together myself in an old Tiny case. I run Win XP PRO, with SP2, until the next patch comes along.
I have nearly 5Gb of available space. I`ve got an idea I may need a new graphics card, as the one installed is fairly old.

Eamonncw 21:29 31 Aug 04

Forgot to add on my last that I have successfully installed the software but cannot use it without the above requirement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…