AGP speed ?

kat18sgc 17:14 26 Jan 03

I just did a system check using AIDA32 and got a report that says that current AGP speed is lower than maximum supported as I'm having probs with games can anyone help ie, how do I change the settings ?

DieSse 17:17 26 Jan 03

Can you tell us some details - maybe it's simply telling you you havea 2x AGP card, and you could fit a 4x AGP card.

What graphics card do you have, what motherboard do you have, and what is the AGP rate set to in the BIOS??

obbit 17:18 26 Jan 03

Hi kat18sgc. what graphics card do u have?

kat18sgc 17:28 26 Jan 03

Thanx obbit, DieSse . Motherboard is an ASUS4S533-E graphics card is GeForce4 Ti4200
AGP Version 2.00
Aperture Size 64 mb
Supported Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x
Current Speed 2x.........as for the bios thats going too far over my head !

DieSse 17:35 26 Jan 03

This setup should be running at AGP 4x. The place to check whether this is set correctly is the BIOS.

how to get into the BIOS depends somewhat on your system - if it's fairly standard, you press the Del key when you see the message at the bottom of the screen to do so.

You then get a menu page up, usually blue. Try each page in turn, and on one of them you will see the AGP speed setting. If it's at 2x, then change it to 4x. The instructions for navigating around the menus and changing settings are all on the screen. If it's already set to 4x, then come back to us. it may be simply the test program is amking a mistake.

kat18sgc 17:41 26 Jan 03

Thnx again I will try now and let you know the result

kat18sgc 17:58 26 Jan 03

Checked the BIOS and its set to 4x so as you say it might be a programe error. I will just have to call carrera helpline as if i will get through. thnx to all who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…