AGP Pro slot use or not, that is the question?

Gizmo2004 17:28 30 Apr 04

Hi everyone, maybe some one out there will be able to help me!

I Bought a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 Mb graphics card form Lowest on the Web (I have e-mail for support so far none! What a surprise), I read the manual, and uninstalled the drivers from the old graphics card (a Gforce 2 64 MB) I Installed the new card as the booklet said, the Radeon 9800 Pro was picked up when Windows XP Pro booted up, I installed the drivers. And that was that

Then the problems started the system started to freeze randomly, while scanning, on the internet, printing, installing programs, when the screen saver was on, the windows files became corrupted, I did think at first it was just the old drivers, still on the system, so I did a complete reinstall of windows, but still the same thing, I have a 550, Enermax power supply so far I have installed windows XP Pro 5 times, but still the same, I have tried it with Windows ME, 98se, I have down loaded the latest drivers from ATI and the VIA 4-1 but still the same, the windows files became corrupted.

It got so bad I have has to put back to old graphics card (a Gforce 2 64 MB) and the system hasn’t frozen or the windows files hasn’t became corrupted

I was having a look at the mother board manual (Asus A7V226-E) It says that this mother board comes with a AGP Pro slot, to use it I have to take off a sticker and dislodge a tab.

My question is will this work and I get a stable system, or leave well alone

Thanks for any advice

Rayuk 17:34 30 Apr 04

9800Pro doesnt refer to the Pro agp slot,leave, as you say well alone.
A pro card is bigger thats why you have to remove this bit.
Have a look over at click here
may find assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…