AGP + PCI graphic cards simultaneously. Possible?

AndyFo 14:04 02 Apr 05

Hi there, See if you can help me with this one. I have an old Keycorp LCD monitor (K57), it comes with its own PCI graphic card and it doesn’t even need a power cable as it is powered by the graphic card itself, it runs on a generic driver found in XP. My question is: is it possible to add a standard AGP graphic card to the system, so that I’ll be able to use an additional monitor or projector? Many Thanks Andy

pj123 14:17 02 Apr 05

Highly unlikely, as when you boot it will check to BIOS to see which graphics card is the default.

With two cards you may have to go into the BIOS everytime you boot and disable one or the other depending on which monitor you want to use.

More trouble than it is worth.

bremner 14:51 02 Apr 05

You can. click here for some advice to deal with the issues raised by pj123

DieSse 14:54 02 Apr 05

I've set up several systems with two monitors using an AGP and a PCI card. I've never had any trouble setting them up or in use. In fact usually you can just plug in, load drivers and away they go.

Just try it and see what happens - it can't hurt anything.

DieSse 14:56 02 Apr 05

PS - Windows can actually handle more cards and monitors than you could normally fit into a standard PC.

pj123 11:06 03 Apr 05

Sorry, Guys. I stand corrected. PJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…