AGP mini-drvers update required ?

Indigo 1 11:32 11 May 05

I have suspected for some time that my graphics performance is not as smooth as it could be and so I ran SiSoft Sandra 2005 Lite which highlighted the following problem;

Warning W2513 - The AGP bus is disabled.
Fix: If you have an AGP mainboard, you should get a AGP video adapter to take advantage of it. An AGP adapter would greatly improve 3D performance. However, it should still have at least 8-16MB of local memory.

Tip T2525 - Current AGP data rate not optimal, i.e. less than chipset’s maximum AGP data rate. E.g. current AGP data rate is 1x while the chipset and the AGP card both support 2x. You should get better performance with a higher data rate but this depends on the application.

Fix: First, use the PCI & AGP Information module to confirm that the AGP card also supports the maximum chipset data rate. If it does not, don’t worry about it. For non-Intel chipsets, make sure you install the latest version of their AGP mini-drivers. You should update the video card drivers as well. Some non-Intel chipsets can only work in 1x mode with some video cards.

I have checked with Drivers HQ click here but they do not show any problem with the AGP mini-drivers.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find the correct up to date AGP mini-drivers for my chipset which is ViaKT400-8235. My maiboard is a Abit AT7-Max2 (ViaKT400-8235) with a Athlon XP2600+ Barton and am using a Nvidia GeForce FX 5900XT with AGP 3.0 (8x)

AndySD 11:41 11 May 05
  gudgulf 11:42 11 May 05

You need a set of Via 4-in-1 chipset drivers click here

Indigo 1 13:22 11 May 05

Thanks guys that did the trick.

Strange thing though, both of you posted links to sites for dowloading the same drivers but there were two different versions and when I searched the ViaArena site myself I found another version.

It was after I installed SP2 that I started to notice a slow down.

Anyway version 4.55v now installed and it makes a huge difference when playing Doom3.

Nice one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…