AGP fast write

Whooshka 21:51 21 Aug 05

Can anyone tell me how to enable AGP fast write?

VoG II 21:55 21 Aug 05

Graphics card?

ACOLYTE 22:05 21 Aug 05

I dont think you can with the standard drivers,you may need special drivers that are made to overclock the card and give you other options,but i doubt you will see much improvment if it is enabled.

Chegs ® 22:05 21 Aug 05

Usually a setting in BIOS,but I found enabling fastwrites tends to reduce the stability of wimpdoze.

GaT7 22:23 21 Aug 05

"AGP Fast Write

Common Options : Enabled, Disabled

This BIOS feature controls the AGP bus' Fast Write capability. Fast Write is a feature which accelerates memory write transactions from the chipset to the AGP device.

Fast Write allows the AGP device act like a PCI device. This allows it to bypass the main memory and directly access the data which improves AGP read performance. However AGP write performance is not affected.

It is recommended that you enable AGP Fast Write for better AGP read performance but disable it if any of your PCI cards start acting funny."

Above from: click here. G

Stuartli 23:26 21 Aug 05

This is reproduced from Koroush Ghazi;s excellent TweakGuides website:

click here

"Fast Writes: This setting, whether in the BIOS or in the Forceware Control Panel, is meant to speed up AGP read performance. In practice however it is known in almost all cases to have no noticeable performance impact, and indeed often causes many problems such as crashes and general system instability, especially on overclocked graphics cards.

"My personal testing has shown it to have literally 0% impact on performance on several different setups. Therefore if you are experiencing problems, I strongly recommend disabling Fast Writes in the BIOS (if available) and also disabling it under the AGP Settings section of the Forceware Control Panel for optimal stability with little or no performance loss. "
Note that for the AGP Settings screen to become available, you will need to follow the instructions under the Advanced Tweaking section."

Also see:

click here

Whooshka 19:21 22 Aug 05

Thanks for your input.
I don't think my Bios supports this feature.
I was looking because of the advice on the WMVHD site. However these videos seem to play OK anyway.
VOG. For reference Geforce 6800.

citadel 19:30 22 Aug 05

I have never enabled fast write with any card, I currently have a 6800 and it plays all games in high detail and good frame rate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…