AGP Driver hassle!

paul tarrant 20:49 27 Apr 03

HELP- Is anyone aware of a way i can install the AGP drivers for my motherboard... The problem is that they are for win95/98 and i have recently upgraded to win2000pro and the pc wont let me run the install.Reports "reqs win95 osr2.5 or higher" Because of this i now have no graphics acceleration :o(

Gongoozler 21:41 27 Apr 03

Hi Paul. Unfortunately not all hardware has drivers available for all operating systems, and this may be one of the exceptions. Let us know what motherboard you have and we'll see if we can help.

paul tarrant 23:58 27 Apr 03

motherboard uses the ali m1542/m1543 chipset made by fordlian

Gongoozler 21:17 29 Apr 03

Hi Paul. No I haven't forgotton you, it's just that I can find very little about Fordlian motherboards on the web. From what I have found, though, the Ali m1542/m1543 chipset is quite old, so perhaps it isn't too surprising that it isn't properly supported by Windows 2000, and Ali just say that they only make the chips and for support users should go to the motherboard maker.

I don't really think that Windows 2000 is a very good upgrade from Windows 98. Windows 2000 was the successor to Windows NT and as such was intended for networked systems. It had several compatibility issues when used in domestic systems. If you want to find more about your motherboard it may be worth downloading and running either Belarc Advisor click here or Aida32 click here. Either should be able to tell you the actual model number for your motherboard, and this may help in the investigation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…