AGP and Athlon probs

Taw® 10:50 18 Oct 04

click here this wwas my previous thread having trouble with graphics and freezing on 3d acceleration. Tried the reg tweak with no joy anyone with anymore info would be appreciated. And just to ensure the reg tweak was done properly "regedit new, add new Dword value. When this was done the decimal numbers were different to that of the tweak so I had to readjust would this seem right. and a thanks to johnytub for his assistance in my previous

Taw® 14:49 18 Oct 04

bump

Taw® 18:18 18 Oct 04

bump for this time of the night

dagwoood 18:50 18 Oct 04

Taw®, I don't know whether this will cure your problem but I have a piece of s/w called Fresh UI.

It's a tweaking tool for windows. One of the options that can be set is "Fix the problem with Athlon hanging APG programs".

You can download it from click here , and it's only a 800KB download(don't know whether your on dial-up).

You have to provide them with an email address to register the product, but in saying that I've never received any spam from them, just the occasional newsletter to say a newer version of Fresh UI is available.

Hope this helps with your problem. Even if it doesn't, it's useful for easily changing some of XP's settings, dagwoood.

dagwoood 18:52 18 Oct 04

Should read "Fix the problem with Athlon hanging AGP programs".

dagwoood.

JonnyTub 18:53 18 Oct 04

Ahh, that's were i read about the athlon probs, thanks for the prompt dagwood.

Taw® 19:33 18 Oct 04

dagwoood cheers for that will give it a go this week. Have spent all weekend swopping my graphics card about, so I am going to have a rest. Will post back on outcome

harps1h 19:42 18 Oct 04

have you tried contacting nvidia? or even reinstalled direct x 9.0c

harps1h 19:44 18 Oct 04

have you tried contacting nvidia? or even reinstalled direct x 9.0c

Taw® 20:13 18 Oct 04

harps1h Have just recently had a clean install of the whole OS and will try nvidia once I try dagwoood tweak thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…