AGP Apeture Size in BIOS

Although I have a limited knowledge of BIOS settings, I seem to recall someone once mentioning that the AGP apeture size should be set to 50% of the installed memory.

I currently have 512MB installed so I assume that this should be set to 256MB but is there really anything to be gained by this.

My graphics card as a Creative Labs Geforece 2 GTS which has 32MB of RAM.

spikeychris 11:01 16 Feb 03

click here

Chris

Paul2003 11:38 16 Feb 03

The rule that I have always followed and had no trouble with is set the AGP aperture size to double the graphics card memory, so in your case set it to 64MB.

Paul

click here

Thanks for replies.

Current setting is 64MB but I may experiment with a higher setting because in the link posted by spikeychris, there is an iteresting post by coffecup which suggests that there may be a difference of opinion as to what the setting should be.

Will leave thread unresolved for now in case anyone esle has some thoughts on the subject.

BrianW 14:31 16 Feb 03

Reading abouth this recently, the advice seems to be that if you have a slower card then increasing the AGP may help but it will possible slow down your system. For faster cards the article reckoned it was best to stick at 32 mb. I have tried from 32 to 124 on a mx 440 with 64mb DDR video ram and 512 sdram. Can't say I noticed any difference in performance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…