AGP Aperture size stops pc booting

keith-236785 21:03 05 Jul 07

Hi,

i was looking through my bios earlier and saw my AGP aperture was set at 64, as i have a 512mb graphic card i mistakenly changed the setting to 512, saved and rebooted....what a mistake.

now my pc will not boot at all, it gives 2 short beeps, a gap and then 8 short beeps, i have checked a few websites regarding the aperture size and all say 64 or 128 are good settings but none of them mention setting it too high will cause this to happen.

i changed NOTHING else whilst there, so i know it is this that caused the problem.

anyone any ideas how to resolve this?

i have removed the cmos battery to see if the settings would revery back to default, but i think i will need to do the clear cmos via the jumper pins, that means opening up again.

even then im not sure if it would help.

info.

motherboard ASROCK k7s8xe+
AMD ATHLON 2600XP
1.2 gig memory
160 gig SATA hard drive
Windows VISTA Premium OEM

Devil Fish 22:17 05 Jul 07

taking the battery out leave it 15 - 20 min before putting back if that doesnt work then you will need to look at the clear cmos jumper check your mobo manual

keith-236785 22:23 05 Jul 07

thanks, i tried the battery out but that made no difference, i then went on to put the jumper over the clear cmos pins for a few seconds and lo and behold i am back with a working pc, i now just have to set things up again in the bios but i wont be altering the AGP Aperture this time.

thanks for trying to help.

problem resolved by a simple clear cmos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…