AGP 2x graphic cards reccommendations

Yo Sammady Sam 14:27 03 Jul 03

After now working out my motherboard can handle a 1x or 2x AGP graphics cards (thanks to the helproom yesterday), I am now wandering if anyone has any suggestions as to which graphics card I should maybe go for.

My budget would be up to £100 and Im looking for at least 64mb of memory on the card and sockets for tv link and for new flat screen monitors if possible (for future upgrading). Other than that Im lost.

I know know that it can only be 3.3V but don't know what else I need to know before buying one.
Any ideas?

BillEmm 15:09 03 Jul 03

click here

Not a complete answer but of some help I hope.

Bodi 15:14 03 Jul 03

The Matrox G450, or G550

Or the SPARKLE M64, 32MB, PCI, RIVA TNT2 M64 CHIPSET AGP (I was quite impressed with the PCI version of this one, which I fitted into an old pentium machine.)

Bodi

Yo Sammady Sam 15:25 03 Jul 03

Does it matter if the card says DDR memory if the pc has SDRAM?

JerryJay 16:34 03 Jul 03

If you want to spend up to 100, you are better
off to buy a new motherboard with on-board
graphics with at least AGP 4x.

Actually, with £100, you can buy a Motherboard
+ good Intel CPU.

Look out the following from click here

Asus P4S533-MX Skt478 Sis651
DDR/SDRAM Integrated Graphics
support 3GHz+ P4 CPUs on 533MHz FSB Motherboard
£47.44 inc VAT

Intel Celeron 1.7ghz 128kb 400mhz Socket478 Retail Boxed
£45.50 inc VAT

Bodi 18:24 03 Jul 03

I found the LeadTek graphics cards pretty good value for money and very easy to install.

click here

Bodi

Bodi 18:27 03 Jul 03

If you click on "up a level" you will find quite a variety of graphics cards.

Bodi

Yo Sammady Sam 14:11 07 Jul 03

Thanks for the replys.
I do realise JerryJay that I may be better off getting a new motherboard but I would ideally like to spend under the £100 on a card just now then perhaps a motherboard at a later date which would hopefully be compatible with the majority of hardware I have accumulated over the years. But thanks for the suggestion.

Bodi, thanks for the link. I have been looking a lot now at the various types. I do like the Radeon 9000 card but do not know which make would be best to go for. Saphire, connect 3d etc. Are there much difference between names? I also found one from Dabs Value thats much cheaper for a radeon 9000 but no other info about it.

Bodi 16:16 07 Jul 03

click here

Will give you information on each card.

Bodi

Bodi 16:18 07 Jul 03

Give you the catalogue page - click on "system components" / graphics cards. Think you'll find what you're looking for under "ATI".

I'm not improving........ lol

Bodi

Yo Sammady Sam 14:21 08 Jul 03

Thanks again Bodi for the links.
I think I have decided to go for the Sapphire 9000 Atlantis Pro 128mb. Appears to be compatible with my system and everywhere (including this website) say its a pretty good card. I've found it on ebuyer for £77.47 inc VAT and is the cheapest I could find, unless anyone else knows somewhere cheaper??

Ill keep this thread open incase someone else wants to contribute any words of wisdom before i part with my money!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…