Agnitum Outpost Pro problem

lemon2 00:49 26 Apr 03

I recently changed my firewall from Norton Personal to Agnitum Outpost Pro. Now, whenever I restart my PC, Outpost asks for the serial code, which is getting to be a bit of a pain as its about 100 digits long. I've looked in both the manual and on Agnitums web site FAQ's, and there is no reference to it.

Is this normal? I've checked the registry entries and the serial number is there in the appropriate key. I've never had a program before that does this.

Overall, I think Outpost suits me fine apart from this.

powerless 02:08 26 Apr 03

Do the code in a text document and copy and paste the code over. This will save time. (if Outpost lets you do this)

Have you tried unistalling Outpost?

Also delete those registry entries and make sure you back the registry up first.

Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

regedit

Click "ok".

click here;nobr><a style="BORDER-BOTTOM: green 2px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:black" href="click here|82|60988|1|16|AdId=156251;link=click here|60988|1|16&AdId=151785&redir=click here" target="_blank" onmouseover="st(this,event,'Microsoft -Software for the agile business');" onmouseout="ht();">microsoft</a></nobr>.com/?kbid=256986 Scroll down to your <nobr><a style="BORDER-BOTTOM: green 2px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:black" href="click here|82|60988|1|16|AdId=156251;link=click here|60988|1|16&AdId=156863&redir=click here" target="_blank" onmouseover="st(this,event,'Sun - save 50% off a wintel equivalent office computing environment');" onmouseout="ht();">operating system</a></nobr>. Learn all about the backing up.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

When you have done this press Ctrl + F in regedit.

Type: Agnitum

Now click "Find Next" see if you can see if they are related to the firewall and delete them. Keep tapping F3 and it will continue to find more keys for you to delete.

Restart, now reinstall outpost.

Please take note: If you mes this up you may have to reinstall your operating system. So i would also make backups of your files.

Or better still contact Agnitum!

powerless 02:12 26 Apr 03

What happend there?

It's put all the advertisers link in lol.

Not my fault.

Anyway!

This is the link click here

powerless 02:17 26 Apr 03

Where it has all gone messy above.

It should have read.

Backup your registry first before you do anything in regedit.

If you click the link above this one it explains it all.

lemon2 16:48 26 Apr 03

Thanks Powerless.

I'll give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…