Agfa Snapscan Touch Scanner USB

fujiman60 19:14 18 Aug 04

Unable to use scanner on my xp computer, have loaded driver for xp but still keep getting message Please connect or switch on your scanner can anybody help please

Totally-braindead 20:11 18 Aug 04

Try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but make sure your scanner is not switched on, I have an Agfa scanner and it needs the software installed and the system restarted before you switch the scanner on. If this doesn't help at all post back with the details of the actual error message you are getting. By the way my Agfa is reasonably old and has no XP driver software at all and runs using the windows 2000 driver, are you sure you're trying to install the correct driver?

Old Shep 20:38 18 Aug 04

When you install it do not connect the usb lead. After installing reboot and then plug in the usb lead and xp should tell you it has found new hardware and is installing it. Then it should work. If you do not get this message - are you using a usb hub - or connecting direct to your computer. If using a hub I would suggest connecting it direct to your computer usb port as sometimes the further away the usb connector is certain hardware does not recognise it.

Spark6 20:42 18 Aug 04

I'm most interested in the responses to this thread. I have a Snapscan 1212 scanner, albeit the parallel port model, and I have failed to get it to perform on XP.

All advice/information greatly appreciated as usual.

Spark6 23:08 18 Aug 04

bump!

Spark6 13:35 19 Aug 04

No-one?

Old Shep 14:53 19 Aug 04

Looks like nothing happening here. Have you posted your own thread with your problem? Better than hijacking this one.Regards.

Old Shep 15:00 19 Aug 04

Save you the trouble this is what Agfa say;

Not every camera/scanner supported!
Windows XP
Windows XP does not support the scanners with parallel ports:
SnapScan EZ, SnapScan 310 p, SnapScan 1212 p, SnapScan 1200 p.

Agfa will not make XP drivers in the future for these scanners as it stopped its desktop scanners and digital camera business in September 2001.

Mac OS X 10.3
Mac OS X 10.3 does not support the scanners with SCSI ports:
Arcus, Arcus+, Arcus II, Arcus 1200, DuoScan, DuoScan HiD, DuoScan T1200, DuoScan T2000 XL, DuoScan T2500, Horizon, Horizon Ultra, StudioScan, StudioScan II, StudioScan IIsi, StudioStar.

We propose an alternative solution to this problem. Read the instructions as explained in the Frequently Asked Questions section.

click here

Stuartli 15:41 19 Aug 04

To back up Old Shep, XP drivers were made available By Agfa for the SnapScan 1212u (which I have) but not the 1212p.

Bit unfair really but, help is at hand:

click here

Spark6 19:21 19 Aug 04

Old Shep

I had no intention to 'hijack' this thread, simply hoped to kill two birds with one stone. To keep fujiman60's thread alive and possibly find a fix for my problem. Many thanks for the info and advice, I'll post back my findings.

Stuartli

Thanks for your posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…