Agfa Snapscan scanner problem

Spark6 15:43 15 Sep 03

Snapscan 1212p scans very slowly and generates the following message: A problem occurred with your scanner. Open the log file to find out more.

Where is the log file and how do I open it?

Spark6

-pops- 17:56 15 Sep 03

Try deleting and re-installing the drivers.

I have a similar scanner and this worked for me.

Bebee 19:03 15 Sep 03

I would do as -pops- suggests. You could also check the Agfa site for updated drivers.

Bebee 19:04 15 Sep 03

You can also get email support if this doesn't solve the problem.

-pops- 19:11 15 Sep 03

Note there are no XP drivers available for this model. I've just checked.

Spark6 19:26 15 Sep 03

Pops
Thanks for the response. I have already uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers a few times. The original message was 'An unexpected error has occurred etc' and when I pursued this last week, on an Agfa FAQ site, I came up with a 4 page document published February 07, 2000.

The recommended 'solution'is a detailed instruction for uninstalling and reinstalling snapscan and scanwise.

I believe I have the latest version of Scanwise, version 1.40, and , as instructed, am running it in maximised condition.

The message I receive now, as shown in my heading, is - A problem occurred with your scanner. Open the log file to find out more.

All advice gratefuully received.

Spark6

Spark6 19:28 15 Sep 03

For the record. I'm using the scanner on a Windows 98se comp.

Stuartli 19:56 15 Sep 03

Latest version of ScanWise is 2.0.

Stuartli 19:59 15 Sep 03

If you open up/expand ScanWise in My Computer or Explorer you should find the logfile in the list.

Spark6 20:05 15 Sep 03

Thanks Stuartli

Is the Scanwise 2.0 compatible with snapscan 1212?

I'll try your tip for the log file now.

Spark6 20:51 15 Sep 03

Unable to find log file in either 'my computer' or 'explorer'. Any other suggestions please!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…