AGFA Snapscan 1212U

Marko797 18:10 26 May 09

The above scanner has all lights showing, even the flat bed is lit up, but when I try and start it the program up to scan, I just get the Scanwise opening screen and it just hangs.

Resources shoot up to 99% (scanwise.exe) and the thing won't get going at all. Strangely it worked fine 2 days ago, and no software changes have taken place in this interim period. In fact the desktop hasn't even been switched on since the scanner was last used.

I've tried disconnecting then reconnecting it.
Also, have downloaded the drivers again, and ran those. Still no joy.

Is it dead or knacked in some way?

Can someone advise please?

Marko797 18:13 26 May 09

am on XP Home/SP3 & it's connected via USB.
Have checked device manager, no yellow exclamation marks.

Should I uninstall then reinstall maybe?

jack 18:55 26 May 09

uninstall the software and then reinstall ity.
What software do you use/
Are you solely relying on the supplied package?
If you use an image editor try to access it through that

Marko797 19:16 26 May 09

yes, have always used the provided software - agfa snapscan prog.

Stuartli 19:29 26 May 09

I have the same scanner.

Hve you, by any chance, inadvertently pushed the Transport switch on on the base of the scanner?

This is the final version of ScanWise (I donwloaded it from the Agfa website at the time!):

click here

Stuartli 19:31 26 May 09

Try opening ScanWise first before connecting the scanner to your system.

Marko797 21:18 26 May 09

yep, tried the switch, & have tried to run scanwise w/o scnr connected. Prompted to connect, chose the relevant scanner. Still jumps to 99% in resources & subsequent lock-up. Oh dear. Think I might go for the uninstall nxt.

Marko797 21:30 26 May 09

no difference. Trying system restore to last time it worked.

Stuartli 22:19 26 May 09

You could check the USN cable hasn't been dislodged or not firmly fitted; if OK, try a different cable.

Also read the last comment in this link:

click here

By the way, I only connect my 1212u when I need to use it, which is not very often these days. Works OK.

Marko797 10:50 27 May 09

still proving to be a problem. Totally uninstalled, reinstalled using original disk, then updated drivers to v.2.

Not sure if it's a software or mechanical problem. Scanner lights up, and makes the normal whirring noises before 'parking', so mechanically it seems normal.

Still the same high resources consumption problem in task manager, and opening screen just hanging 'preparing scanwise'.

Incidentally, tried to install on my laptop - Core2duo/XP Pro/SP3. It installed, but when I tried to run it, again resources went high (to 50%) in task manager and the opening screen never launched at all.

Am a little bemused and struggling for a solution here.

jack 12:09 27 May 09

This would seem to suggest the scanner is the problem.
Time therefore for the bin most probably.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…