Agfa scanner problem

ame 16:12 05 Mar 07

Having got the latest driver software for my now unsupported Agfa Snapscan e20 scanner from their website, every time I try to install it and run Scanwise on my Windows XP computer I get a message saying a communication problem occurred - open the log file to find out more. Anyone know where such a log file might be?

Any other ideas what might be wrong? The scanner still works fine on my Windows 98SE computer, but I want to ditch that and don't use my scanner enough to justify buying a new one if I can help it.

Eric10 16:44 05 Mar 07

I have an Agfa Snapscan e50 and am dreading the day it breaks down because it is a brilliant scanner and Agfa have withdrawn from the scanner market. I have a logfile at C:\Program Files\Agfa\Scanwise 2_00\scanwise.log which is empty in my case.

Did you install the software before you connected the scanner because installing with the scanner connected can cause problems?

Stuartli 17:09 05 Mar 07

Agfa dropped scanners about five years ago.

Fortunately it was after it produced an XP driver for my SnapScan 1212u...:-) Those with the parallel port version missed out on XP drivers.

ame 22:53 05 Mar 07

Thanks for the responses. My e20 is USB and the driver etc software is supposed to work with Windows XP according to the download site. Searched for the log file but all I got was a Notepad text file under the Programs\Agfa\Scanwise2_00 folder with the following contents, which don't help much:-

++++ PROBLEM DESCRIPTION +++++
++++ SAT ERROR ID: A communication problem occurred.
Open the log file to find out more.
++++++++ERROR STRING: General SCSI error, <<detail>>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

ame 23:03 05 Mar 07

P.S. Ive already tried installing the software with the scanner connected and disconnected, and using Device Manager to update the driver, but no joy - despite the fact that Device Manager says the device is working properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…