Agfa ePhoto CL20 camera - Help please?

AngeTheHippy 15:17 18 Oct 05

Hi Chaps,
a friend of mine has one of the cameras named above. She has recently moved house, has the camera but not the installation CD that came with it, although she does have a 2nd CD bundled,can't remember name of it, PhotoSuite or something similar. Anyway, when we connect the camera to the (new) Dell PC(USB), XP detects it straight away, 'new h/w detected', and asks to chose from 3 Agfa camera models listed, the CL20 not being one of them. It then asked if I wanted to install the software - I d/loaded what I thought was the correct s/w from click here and selected 'browse my PC' rather than 'have CD/FloppyDisk' option. It seemed to go through the install OK, and I'm aware that I need to use the other bundled s/w to d/l the images, but it will not d/l anything. I looked in control panel/scanners&cameras but nothings listed - no camera. However, in 'My Computer', there is an Agfa Camera icon there under (I think it was)the 'C' drive. Don't know what to do next. The poor girl has used a local IT 'expert' who's charging £25/ph, and although (different prob...)he connected her modem yesterday via an ADSL extension lead - he needed to chase it outside of her house, upstairs to d/stairs - he was there in excess of 3 hours, and still the modem keeps dropping the line. She's chosen AOL (certainly NOT who I would have chosen!!) as her provider, and they don't want to help her at all, saying there is nought wrong with the modem they provided f.o.c. I've seen AOL on other peoples' PCs, and I really do NOT like how their s/w seems to 'take over' everything to do with internet...browser, pop-up windows, e-mail-within-browser etc etc. I'm not a great expert when it comes to other peoples PCs, and don't want to dabble too much in case I bu**er something up. I do feel for her as she has no one else to help out- additionally she's really a novice used of IT equipment. Only ever used word /spreadsheets when she was working.

Sorry I've gone on a bit here, if anyone can help with any of this, I'd be really, really grateful.

AngetheHippy
xx

Klof Ron 15:33 18 Oct 05

Did you download these drivers click here also downloading the manual may also help.

AngeTheHippy 15:45 18 Oct 05

yeah, they are the ones I d/loaded. As I said, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. It also says on the Agfa page, that Agfa wld stop supplying XP drivers as they stopped their scanners/cameras in 2001 - don't know whether this means their cameras or just scanners.

Klof Ron 16:25 18 Oct 05

I cannot make a connection between PC and camera
connect the camera with the PC and switch the camera on.
Start/ Control Panel/ System/ Hardware tab/ Device Manager/ Look for the camera in imaging devices (scanners/ cameras). If you can see an exclamation mark next to the camera, this means that the camera is not installed well.
Click right mouse button on camera icon and choose Update Driver, instal from a list or specific location/ browse to Windows/system32 and click OK,
on Windows XP you can have the warning that this software doesn't have the "digital signature" (Windows Logo test) that XP needs to work properly. You have the choice to continue or stop the installation. Click on the "Continue Anyway" button, the installation will not harm or destabilize your system.
after that, Windows should find the right drivers for your camera.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, uninstall and install drivers again:

connect the camera with the PC and switch the camera on.
Start/ Control Panel/ System/ Hardware tab/ Device Manager/ Look for the camera in imaging devices (scanners/ cameras). If you can see an exclamation mark next to the camera, this means that the camera is not installed well.
Click right mouse button on the camera, select uninstall to remove the drivers.
disconnect camera
install drivers again (Agfa software/drivers: click here
connect and switch on camera
on Windows XP you can have the warning that this software doesn't have the "digital signature" (Windows Logo test) that XP needs to work properly. You have the choice to continue or stop the installation. Click on the "Continue Anyway" button, the installation will not harm or destabilize your system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 18 Oct 05

The most common causes of constant drop outs in order of probability
are:

75% interference caused by unfiltered devices on the ADSL line
10% faulty cabling or cable setup by the end user
9% incorrect ADSL modem settings
5% problem with the phone line from the exchange
1% problem with the ADSL port at the exchange

1)Perform an ISOLATION TEST

-remove all devices from the ADSL line except the ADSL modem. If the modem does not drop out when it is the only device attached, then the problem is interference caused by one or more of the other devices. You can either put an ADSL filter on the
device(s) or remove the device(s) permanently to fix the problem.

2) Check if you have a back to base alarm systems or Foxtel Digital.

Both of these will cause drop outs if they are not correctly filtered.
Your alarm installer or Foxtel can tell you the correct filters to use.

3) Check the cable connecting your ADSL modem to the ADSL line. Make sure it is clipped in and seated properly. Swap the cable with another known good cable.

4) Check the cable connecting your ADSL modem to your computer. Make sure it is clipped in and seated properly. Swap the cable with another known good cable.

5) If you are using a WiFi connection, check your signal is 'Very Good'
or 'Excellent'. Move your computer closer to the modem until you have an 'Excellent' or maximum signal strength.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:55 18 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…