Ages to d/load attachments. Internet ok

tonyx1302 22:37 12 Dec 08

In the last few days I have received Utube/ video and Powerpoint attachments of 2.3 MB or so that used to take 10secs to download but now take 10-15mins plus. My d/lspeeds are a regular 6-7mb and I can still open websites very quickly. I have tried every cleanup/antivirus/malaware reg cleaner avail. but no joy. It has only happened in the last 2/3 days and I haven't installed anything other than M/soft updates. I have gone back with restore.No luck
Any thoughts please. Windows Xp with SP2 and Talk talk BB

Thank you

Tony

woodchip 23:26 12 Dec 08

These sound bigger than 2.3mb

woodchip 23:28 12 Dec 08

PS it may be uTube thats the Problem, It will only download as fast as they let you have the file

tonyx1302 12:01 13 Dec 08

Morning woodchip and sorry for the delay in responding to your replies. I don't think I explained myself very well and I just used Utube as an example. I can open and run the Utube site very fast. The problem is if someone send me an email with attachment that is a Powerpoint or video clip etc it takes 15mins to download. I had three emails morning with with attachments....1973Kb ".2Mb & 2.3Mb and in the end I gave up trying to open them as it took sio long.

Tony

tonyx1302 13:36 13 Dec 08

Bump !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…