agent.exe?

seventiesdolly 19:04 20 Aug 06

I just had a peek at task manager to see what processess I had running (53 in all), and noticed one I hadn't seen before...agent.exe
I did a search and it came up with this file....
AGENT.EXE - 00ED4190.pf in the windows > prefetch file.
Does anyone know what it is and does please?
Thanks for any help.

VoG II 19:05 20 Aug 06

Dell PC? click here

VoG II 19:06 20 Aug 06

You might find click here useful in future.

mattyc_92 19:07 20 Aug 06

"agent - agent.exe - Process Information

Process File: agent or agent.exe
Process Name: Acronis True Image Agent

Description:
Note: agent.exe is also a process from Dell that gives the user an interface to monitor and administer the system. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

Note: agent.exe is also a process associated with the Forte Agent Newsgroup reader, this is a is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Note: agent.exe is a process belonging to Acronis Disk Management which protects your computer against Internet-bound threats such as spyware and trojans which can be distributed through e-mail or attack directly to the computer allowing unauthorized access to your computer. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated."

Above is quoted from click here

mattyc_92 19:07 20 Aug 06

owwww... VoG beat me to it :-(

seventiesdolly 19:09 20 Aug 06

Thanks for the link, but my pc's a HP, not Dell....

ArrGee 19:13 20 Aug 06
  cycoze 19:21 20 Aug 06

as per VoG and mattyc_92.

also, cyberlink TV tuner card click here , also in PowerVCR, VPN client, also found in a couple of Trojans click here and click here .

Can you have a look for the keys in your registry for the last 2 links?

cycoze 19:27 20 Aug 06

And of course a simple idea is to use search on your machine for agent.exe, locate it and see where it is stored, you can then right click it and select properties which might give further clues to what it is.

seventiesdolly 20:44 20 Aug 06

Hi cycoze, that is what I did, which is how I found the full name of the file, and where it was located, but i'm still no wiser....

brundle 20:46 20 Aug 06

If it's in the prefetch folder it's just a cached image of the file, not the file itself. Helps speed up loading. The original could be gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…