Again Postcode

User-178362 01:07 21 Jul 05

I have just tried again to go into Postcode and address finder. I am a member and have a security number, but when I try to go in, it tells me I am being tranfered to a none secure site, that might transfer my info eles where. Do I want to contine? I say no, but I do want to look at post codes so what do I do?

smokingbeagle 05:52 21 Jul 05

Its using a secure server for you to log in but wants to move your search (which is not security critical) to the normal server. No need for concern.

Taff36 07:20 21 Jul 05

Ditto - In my previous company with 14 networked computers, we used the Royal Mail Site since it`s inception to validate our customer database and check missing postcodes / addresses. I think this is the same one click here Not a problem. We did of course have Anti-Virus, Adware and Spyware defences etc but so should you as a matter of course.

Personally I ticked the box "Don`t show me this message again" and worried about things I could change in life!

€dstowe 09:10 21 Jul 05

Ask yourself what you will be transferring to this non secure site. If you're just asking it questions then there is no security issue. It's when you are sending financial information, credit card details and such stuff when it matters if the site is secure or not.

When you're sending confidential information, always check that you are sending it to a site with a security "https" prefix and that there is a yellow padlock at the bottom of the page. You will also be told the site is secure - just as you are with this one being non-secure.

Don't worry too much:-)

Pooke 10:23 21 Jul 05

is absolutely right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…