Again, DVD drive or CD Wrtr still playing up.

Giggle n' Bits 11:01 05 Mar 03

A better way to explain this probelm as follows.

When I come back to pc to after cold boot into windows the DVD or any optical drive on secondary channel seems to have gone to sleep, the Drive will not play Audio CDs Auto-play.

If I eject then eject the tray back the drive will play the CD. So whats stopping the drive from this sleep state/hibernation effect.

The motherboard is ATA133 with a Via KT400 chipset on this occasion as I have changed my M/board twice before ex Asus A7V333 now a Gigabyte GA7-VAX (Not Raid).

I have tried other drives in and no luck, the Drives work ok in other machine, No conflicts in device manager, GeForce Ti4200 AGP card, Win98Se, 2 hours Microsoft Tel support, AMD Athlon XP2200 1.8GHz Retail, 1 x 256MB PC2100 Crucial, 80GB IBM Deskstar 120GXP ATA100 2MB Cache 7,200, 350Watt PSU, CPU Temp 40oc max!.
tried a few Ribbons but not a 80pin/wire Ribbon yet.

Anyone out there with eratic DVD,CDROM like this one can help or anyone come accross this before and know a cure please.

Giggle n' Bits 02:16 08 Mar 03

Will post the cure later.

Thankyou to the following:-

The Village Idiot - M8 !!!

"Realm Computers" - in Manchester,UK!.

My parents for putting up with a lot of moaning.

The 80GB IBM HDD for withstanding a lot of Formats
(15 ish).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…