again, computer freezes when burning a dvd

thejeepster 13:31 28 Mar 06

hi,

this is from a previous subject. upgraded my processor to an amd athlon 3200xp -baron and also upgraded the ram to 1gig cp3200. my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-7vt600-1kt600. i also upgraded my graphics card from a NVIDIA GeForce MX440 with AGP8X to 256mb nVidia Geforce FX5500 8* AGP graphics video card. i was advised on this forum to install a new power supple so i did. it is now a psu 650w triple fan 24p and my cpu cooling fan is an artic cooling copper silent 2. it still freezes after 10 minutes(this is the whole computer). could it STILL be over heating. can you please help as part of my job i need to be able to burn DVDs. i also tried a different burner to the one i usually use and still no joy. i've also tried updating my bios as well. it also freezes when i'm on the web and there's one or two other things are running. this is driving me crazey. i really need someones help with this as i've spent quite a bit of money on this and thought i'd done everything right.

many thanks

Marsh Warden © ™ 13:46 28 Mar 06

From your specs I doubt if it would be overheating, however do you have the Cool N Quite drivers for your AMd Athlon CPU installed and properly configured.

thejeepster 18:38 28 Mar 06

no, i dont....i need drivers for my cpu? didn't know that. i'll do a search for them.

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:54 29 Mar 06

Via e-mail

"you wrote that i needed Cool N Quite drivers. can you recommend a web site? many thanks thejeepster"

click here to download the drivers,(as well as a few useful utilities.)

To configure once they are installed, go to Control Panel/Power Options\Power Schemes drop down and select Minimal Power Management. Job done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple