after some 'sound' advice

pookie 19:11 01 Jan 04

hi

windows xp home edition, 3 ghz barton and asus a7n8x-x mobo with onboard sound and creative 4.1 speakers - all mostly for fps games.
i can't get sound from the rear 2 speakers - only from front 2 and sub. i have posted about this before but i still couldn't fix it. having checked asus website and google it seems that many have had that problem with that asus mobo (the a7n8x delux has a different sound setup which is supposed to be very good).
any advice on a cheapish soundcard to go with the above setup? i believe that audigy and audigy2 are good - any views? finally, do i just disable onboard sound in bios before installing new card and new drivers or is there anything else in bios i need to change?

many thanks

P

Indigo 1 19:16 01 Jan 04

Good luck

pookie 19:22 01 Jan 04

thanks for the reply - looking at various mags there are different audigy2's and different prices (all from same supplier) - as I wouldn't need it for music cd's - just games - which would you recommend?

P

Indigo 1 20:02 01 Jan 04

There should be no difference for games -- go for the best package.

pookie 18:29 02 Jan 04

many thanks

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…