After installing Windows 10 preview sound won't work...

kmaz 14:13 01 May 15
Answered

After installing Windows 10 tech preview sound won't work ... using an acer aspire E5-721 .. sound card is an audio realtek

Ian in Northampton 14:36 01 May 15

You may need to look for a W10-compatible REaltek audio driver. You may also like to look here.

rdave13 15:27 01 May 15
Answer

Go to device manager and right click your audio device under Sound, video and game controllers. Select update driver software, select browse my computer for driver software, select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. The running driver will have its icon in blue. If you have more than one showing left click another driver and select next. You might get a warning that selecting the driver might not let the device work. Continue anyway. You might get a red cross on the audio icon. Reboot and once on the desktop wait a few seconds to try out the volume. Move slider up and down to see if audio working. If still not working try another driver if you have more in the list. This worked for me with a Conexant audio driver and had to re-do the procedure every Windows update.

If it doesn't work you can always revert to the original driver and wait for an update or search for one as Ian in Northampton suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…