After holiday shutdown computer wont boot up HELP

alltime 18:49 30 Sep 05

Well Guys,I dont know which way to turn now. After installing Two new P4 cpu,s the computer is still telling me (System failed cpu Test)I just dont know what to do for the best.
Any suggestions please.

alltime 18:59 30 Sep 05

This is a continuation of my thread on Sun 18/9 05

woodchip 19:05 30 Sep 05

Cannot remember seeing this thread But, It sounds like a Faulty motherboard that is giving you false information

alltime 19:14 30 Sep 05

Glad to know someone is there,I did speak to asus about my original problem and they said with power to the mobo, light on, graphics card in,connect the speaker, clear the cmos, and it would tell me the problem, and all it said is cpu test failed, this is after two new p4 cpu,s from Ireland under warranty.
So at this moment in time i dont know if i have had 2 faulty cpu,s or like you suggest the mobo is giving me wrong info. What would you do next?
And thanks for the advise

woodchip 19:16 30 Sep 05

Try another MOBO

alltime 19:26 30 Sep 05

The Mobo i think is still under warranty but the time it takes to have it checked/repaired at asus is about 3 weeks, P4P800e/dl. Dont know if it would be better just to buy another, as its already taken 2 weeks to get the cpu,s sorted.
Im so brassed off with computers!!!!!

woodchip 19:27 30 Sep 05

What kind of setup Hardware do you run????

woodchip 19:29 30 Sep 05

Also do you have Full XP disc or are you dependant on a Restore disc

SANTOS7 19:47 30 Sep 05

Are you sure its not trying to tell you its GPU (graphics precessing unit) rather than CPU, a fair test would be to try another (borrow if pos)..
I have seen a similar thread on another forum
with same symptoms turned out to be GPU...

woodchip 19:52 30 Sep 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 30 Sep 05

P4s require extra power, check 4 pin plug on motherboard and posible faulty PSU not supplying to that plug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…