After Format of Hard Disk

Victor J. 09:06 30 Oct 03

Any ideas how to re introduce windows (without a CD ROM) following hard disk format?

MAJ 09:14 30 Oct 03

Do you mean a CD-ROM drive or a CD-ROM disk, Victor J.? No, in both cases, I think.

wizzy 09:37 30 Oct 03

For all the newer versions of Windows you NEED a CD-ROM but Windows 95 and older are avalible on floppy disk. You might be able to find these disks on eBay or some other auction site. So you know I have lost my Windows disk but have the setup files on my Hard Disk. Before a format I create an extra partition big enough for the setup files, copy the files to this partition. Format the first partition (the one with Windows on) then run the setup files from the other partition. Once I'm back up and running I can get rid of the partition with the setup files.

Hope this helps and sorry it's a bit on the long side.

Wizzy :-)

keith-236785 11:10 30 Oct 03

if you have formatted the hard drive already then you will need to get a windows CD and cdrom drive.

the only other way is via a network (but you would need windows or other OS installed first)

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…